Eurostrings and Altamira Guitars
The first European platform of classical guitar festivals founded and it has global ambitions
EuroStrings - European Guitar Festival Collaborative is a first European Platform founded by Zagreb Guitar Festival from Croatia gathering 14 classical guitar festivals from all over the Europe. Platform focuses on highlighting the emerging guitar players offering them international career opportunities and enabling them further education in the classical guitar field. It is a ground breaking European classical guitar project, co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union, aimed at developing and connecting the European with a world-wide classical guitar sector.
EuroStrings creates a hub of international opportunities for emerging guitar players from Europe and beyond, educational and training programs that foster the professional development of guitarists, and trends for sustainability of festivals in the field of classical music. The platform brings together guitarists and their audiences, breaking down barriers and actively involving both in the creation of classical guitar experience.
EuroStrings currently involves 14 classical guitar festivals holding international competitions for classical guitar players:
- Guimarães International Guitar Festival (Portugal): 22 December 2017 – 14 January 2018
- Internationales Gitarrenfestival Rust (Austria): 25 - 28 March 2018
- Zagreb Guitar Festival (Croatia): 3 - 7 April 2018
- Szeged Guitar Festival (Hungary): 12 - 15 April 2018
- Sarajevo International Guitar Festival (Bosnia and Herzegovina): 26 - 30 April 2018
- Twents GitaarFestival (The Netherlands): 10 – 13 May 2018
- Nikšić Guitar Festival (Montenegro): 22 - 29 May 2018
- Tampere Guitar Festival (Finland): 4 -10 June 2018
- Sofia GuitArt Festival (Bulgaria): 8 - 10 June 2018
- Tallinn Guitar Festival (Estonia): 11 - 15 June 2018
- International Guitar Festival Mottola (Italy): 7 - 15 July 2018
- International Guitar Festival José Tomás Villa De Petrer (Spain): 7 - 21 July 2018
- International Guitar Festival Nuertingen (Germany): 28 July - 5 August 2018
- London Guitar Festival (United Kingdom): 21 - 28 October 2018
The Platform is looking to expand in the upcoming years with new Festivals.
EuroStrings Young Stars Exchange Programme for talents from all over the world
The main idea of the EuroStrings Platform is to promote winners of Festival’s competitions. Starting from 2018 winners of EuroStrings Festivals competitions will become part of EuroStrings Young Stars exchange programme. Through Young Stars exchange programme emerging guitar talents will get the opportunity to tour EuroStrings Festivals reaching international audiences and accessing new markets. They will also have opportunity to learn from the best guitar players in the world and to participate in various outreach educational programmes.
The Young Stars will also be encouraged to challenge themselves and compete in annual EuroStrings Winners’ Competition, giving them the chance to win prizes that will enable them to develop a world-wide career. Aside cash prize the winner will be offered concerts in the US and China. The concerts in China will be organised by Altamira Guitar Foundation.